and on your soul; and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand,
and they shall be as frontals on your forehead.
“You shall teach them to your sons,
talking of them when you sit in your house
and when you walk along the road
and when you lie down and when you rise up.
“You shall write them on the doorposts of your house
and on your gates,
so that your days
and the days of your sons
may be multiplied
on the land which the LORD
swore to your fathers to give them,
as long as the heavens remain above the earth.
~Deut. 11:18-21
6 comments:
Thanks Diane, your thoughts on this verse made me realize I had to put this verse with this photo I had.
Yeah, I like this. The "along the road" part implies that we have to SPEND TIME with our kids to pass this stuff on.
Good insight, Janet. Thanks!
I like the distance in this photo, it reminds me of the passage that life is, the distance we cover, and the narrowness of the path. Also, the whole father, son imagery is touching. Just knowing it's Damien and Alex, doin' their thing together.
Thanks Judy...Demain and Alex do spend some cool quality time together and it is sweet...but this is not them. :-)
I thought Damien looked a little tall!
Post a Comment